- AE design firm
- Technology Group established around 3 years ago
- Established to support internal work but group now bidding on Technology only projects
- Full CAD/Revit support
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project manage multidiscipline ICT coordination and design capabilities for all phases from Conceptual/Schematic Design through Construction Documents.
- Review architectural, mechanical, and structural design and engineering plans and consult on space design, material selection, and multimedia systems.
- Design and prepare the layout of floor plans, riser diagrams, schedules, specification notes and details with special emphasis on Structured Cabling.
- Work within a team environment to ensure client standards are met and that all technology systems are incorporated into the overall system design
- Serve as a technical resource for others throughout the firm, providing thought leadership and subject matter expertise
- Provide mentoring and knowledge transfer to junior engineers; keep current with technology trends and standards
- Research, develop and evaluate emerging technology to maximize the firm's services.
- Assure Quality standards with adherence to QA/QC procedures.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience; Experience in a Data Centre projects a significant advantage
- RCDD Certified Required / PMP Certification a plus
- Thorough knowledge of telecommunications cabling and infrastructure design and implementation
- Knowledge of industry standards including BICSI, IEEE and TIA/EIA
- Knowledge of audio-visual/multimedia and security systems, a plus
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD / Functional knowledge of BIM/Revit. Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- General knowledge of digital media delivery technologies, AV systems and ICT disciplines.