The IIoT Solution Engineer plays a crucial role in integrating and empowering hardware controllers, devices, and sensors, as well as software applications for the advancement of Godlan's Prophecy IIoT platform.
Key responsibilities encompass:
- Demonstrating professional proficiency in essential IIoT architecture, scalability, and real-time capability.
- Engaging with clients to understand and define their IIoT requirements.
- Leading the design and execution of IIoT solutions for manufacturing clients.
- Crafting solution architecture, covering machine data acquisition, IT networking, web software, and SQL databases.
- Evaluating and recommending connectivity options for production equipment using PLCs, control devices, edge devices, and sensors.
- Providing insights and suggestions for shop-floor IIoT solutions.
- Customizing user interfaces and visual data capture.
- Developing documentation and conducting training sessions for Prophecy clients.
- Serving as the primary point of contact for customers.
- Exerting influence across the organization and facilitating collaboration with other sites and departments.
- Offering detailed advice on enhancing production processes.
- Recommending and implementing improvements in service delivery processes.
This is a full-time customer-facing role that involves remote work with periodic travel within the United States.
Technical Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in IIOT & Data systems.
- Proficiency in Enterprise level SCADA systems.
- Familiarity with controls environments; PLC programming skills are not mandatory.
- In-depth understanding of network architecture, cybersecurity principles, and best practices.
- Expertise in data analytics, machine learning, and predictive maintenance concepts.
- Familiarity with data acquisition software, including Open Automation Software (OAS), Kepware, Open OPC, OPC/UA protocols, Node Red, Azure IoT.
- Knowledge of control system-related equipment and protocols such as Field I/O, sensors, Siemens, Allen-Bradley, Fanuc, Modbus, FieldBUS, MQTT, MT Connect.
- Familiarity with MES systems like Ignition, Wonderware, FactoryTalk, Kepware ThingWorx.
- Experience with interfacing middle layer data collection/historian applications and communication with other software systems such as MES, Data Historians, ERP, and CMMS.
- Understanding of database setup and use, particularly MS SQL.