An industry-leading engineering firm doing the design & build of data centres to many fortune 500 companies is seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Construction Cost Control and Quantity Surveyor to join our construction project team.
Candidate plays a crucial role in monitoring and managing project costs, tender management, performing quantity take-offs, preparing estimates, and providing accurate financial information to support decision-making. Candidate's expertise in cost control, quantity surveying, and project management will be instrumental in ensuring successful project delivery within budgetary constraints.
- Prepare accurate and detailed cost estimates for construction projects, considering materials, labor, equipment, and other relevant factors, utilizing appropriate software and tools.
- Conduct comprehensive quantity take-offs from project plans and specifications to determine quantities of materials required for construction activities.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to develop cost plans and budgets, ensuring alignment with project goals and financial objectives.
- Prepare and manage the tendering process and evaluation of proposals.
- Monitor and control project costs throughout the construction lifecycle, tracking expenses, analysing variations, and implementing appropriate measures to keep costs within approved budgets.
- Identify opportunities for value engineering and cost-saving initiatives, proposing alternative construction methods or materials without compromising project quality.
- Assess the impact of design changes and contract variations on project costs, preparing change orders and cost estimates accordingly.
- Assist in the procurement process by evaluating bids, conducting cost analysis, and providing recommendations to ensure cost-effectiveness and value for money. Prepare regular cost reports, including budget forecasts, cost variances, and cash flow projections, providing accurate and timely financial information to project stakeholders.
- Identify potential cost risks and develop mitigation strategies to minimize financial impacts on the project.
- Conduct periodic cost audits to ensure compliance with established cost control procedures, contract terms, and industry regulations.
- Strong problem-solving skills to identify issues, propose solutions, and resolve document-related challenges promptly.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in cost control, quantity surveying, or project control within the construction industry.
- Strong knowledge of cost control principles, techniques, and methodologies, with a proven track record of managing construction project costs effectively.
- Proficiency in performing quantity takeoffs, preparing detailed cost estimates, and conducting cost analysis.
- Solid understanding of construction materials, methods, and processes, with the ability to interpret project plans and specifications accurately.
- Experience working with industry-standard cost estimating software and tools (e.g., CostX, RSMeans, Primavera, Excel) to perform accurate cost calculations and produce detailed reports.
- Excellent financial analysis skills, including the ability to interpret financial data, identify trends, and provide insights for decision-making.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively collaborate with project teams, contractors, suppliers, and clients.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to assess cost-related issues, propose solutions, and make informed decisions.
- Meticulous attention to detail to ensure accuracy in cost calculations, reports, and documentation