An industry leading hyperscale data centre provider is looking for a Technical Manager in Tokyo, Japan. They are building the next generation netowrk of advanced data centres across Asia
- Responsible for the Data Center development, management, and operation of the DC, ensuring that all work performed is in accordance with established practices, procedures & local legislation.
- Develop relationships with internal and external partners to influence, resolve conflicts, build alignment and consensus, and have effective and positive impact across teams to execute on strategy
- Involved and participate in data centre engineering design to ensure project is successful as well as create competitive advantage through right design and right equipment selection.
- Establish performance benchmarks, conduct analyses, and prepare reports on all aspects of the critical facility infrastructure development, operations, and maintenance.
- Establish documentation relevant to business & facility operations.
- Manage routine maintenance and emergency services on a variety of critical systems such as switchgear, generators, UPS systems, power distribution equipment, chillers, cooling towers, computer room air handlers, building monitoring systems, etc.
- Assist in the design, implementation, commissioning, and build-out of new facilities.
- Technical lead for the design and consultancy, support for procurement of critical facilities
- Drive & implement projects to increase current facility capacity, efficiency, sustainability & reliability.
- Management of the DC, in the provision of infrastructure & inventory asset management.
- Manage DC to resolve of any infrastructure engineering issues.
- Delivery of exceptional customer service and satisfaction.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or relevant discipline, with preference in Mechanical, Electrical or Building Services Engineering
- 5+ years of critical facility engineering and or operations experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Data Center Facilities such as generators, chillers, cooling towers, air handling units, UPS, electrical sub distribution systems, fire detection and suppression systems, cable reticulation systems
- In-depth knowledge of the topology of critical systems and local best practice of data center
- Knowledge of native regulations and codes, understanding the local situation of data center design, construction, and operation.
- Organization and communication experience with skill at communicating technical details to all organizational levels and external stakeholders
- Proven experience in major facilities incident management
- Strong bi-lingual verbal and written communication skills (English and Japanese).
- Proven leadership and organizational skills
- Deep attention to detail & accuracy on technical, schedule, cost, quality management
- Ability to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Strong in customer service and able to communicate effectively with clients and customers.
- Professional Engineer License or equivalent
- Mission Critical facility management experience for a large enterprise or large Colocation provider
- International Data Center engineering experience
- Knowledge of IT services such as servers, networks, cabling, and platform
- Knowledge in data center safety and physical security
Employment Type: Full-time