One of the largest architecture and engineering firms in the Southeast, established in 1947, with offices in AL, FL, LA, NC, SC, GA, TN, and a total of 24 offices nationwide is seeking to add a Junior Designer to their Atlanta, GA team!
They have over 500 employees and work collaboratively across offices. They are a relationship driven firm that serves their communities through transformative work. They design schools, parks, hospitals, and other commercial developments, provide clean water, safe streets, and restore resilient environments. This firm involved in numerous civic and community organizations on both a corporate level and through the individuals that make up their firm. They have an annual building communities day of service and support local community events.
The Junior Designer will work collaboratively on a variety of projects spanning different sectors including aviation, sports, healthcare, education, hospitality, industrial, commercial, civic, parks and rec, transportation engineering, and water.
* Work collaboratively on projects under the direction of the Project Manager and Senior Designers
* Produce design and construction documents
* Work with the Project Manager to ensure project deadlines are met
* Attend meetings with clients, jurisdictional agencies, community groups, consultants, and product reps
* Travel to job sites as needed per project
* Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams
* Proficient in Revit Architecture and other design practice-oriented software
* Ability to assess challenges quickly and render timely decisions that are thorough and accurate
* Broad knowledge of architectural principles and practices and proven ability to apply them
* Ability to function effectively within multi-disciplinary teams
* Ability to work on multiple projects of moderate size or portions of major projects and meet deadlines
* Understanding of entire project process-development/scoping, design, and construction
* Strong communication skills - demonstrated ability to listen to others and clear/concise verbal/written skills
* Energy, enthusiasm, and self-motivation
* Collaborative and committed to professional growth
* Embraces the relationship between creativity and technology
* Respects others, is adaptable, dependable, and delivers on commitments
* Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture from a NAAB accredited architectural program
* Minimum of 6 months to twenty (20) or more years of relevant professional experience