A global engineering, procurement, consulting and construction company focused on sustainable infrastructure is looking to bring on a Lead Electrical Engineer. In this position, you will be supporting Hydro-power & Renewable projects for their Sacramento, CA office in a hybrid capacity (3 days on-site).
Lead Electrical Engineer Responsibilities
- Lead Electrical Engineer on Hydro-power, Hydraulic Structure, and Renewable Projects
- Coordination with multidisciplinary teams including peer engineering and BIM+ technical staff in global regional design centers and local office
- Development of electrical drawing deliverables including single line diagrams, schematics, interconnection diagrams, and equipment layouts
- Development of electrical equipment specifications and Bills of Materials for procurement and construction
- Attend on-site meetings, investigate existing conditions, provide support during construction.
- Extensive use of Microsoft Office business systems such as ProjectWise, electrical engineering software, such as ETAP, and Computer Aided Drafting Tools, such as AutoCAD to view and manipulate engineering drawing files
Lead Electrical Engineer Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (from a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing)
- Minimum of 11 years related work experience.
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Lead Electrical Engineer Preferred Qualification
- PE License
- Detailed electrical design engineering experience working for 5 or more industrial or electric utility clients
- Experience with hydraulic structures, hydro-power or related industrial infrastructure projects (or working within power generation)
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with power system analysis software (SKM, ETAP, Easy Power)
- Experience or interest in on-site assessments and construction inspections preferred
- Client-facing and proactive communication skills both written and verbal.
- Advanced knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline
Lead Electrical Engineer Certifications
- Most positions - depending on the nature of work performed as defined by the division - will typically require incumbents to have professional registration or license in their designated home office country, or be in active pursuit* of such registration
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, Sick time
- 401k matching
- Adoption reimbursement
- Vendor discount
- Professionals may be eligible for a performance-based bonus
- Employee-owned company - stock ownership
If you are interested in joining a growing, employee-owned company focused on sustainable infrastructure, apply here!