This position is available in a range of locations and may offer remote flexibility depending on experience. Travel requirements range from 15-25% and be entirely domestic.
Objective: Substation Engineer will work on completing projects supporting different clients across the United States and developing documentation in compliance with NERC Reliability Standards. They will collaborate with other engineers, designers, and customers. Occasionally training newer engineers and providing support also expected.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET Accredited institution.
- 6+ years of experience (directly related to substation design)
- Knowledge of common Substation equipment including Transformers, Breakers, Switches, Reclosers, and Switchgears.
- Familiarity with lightning and grounding studies.
- Experience with Substation testing, commissioning, and maintenance techniques.
- Knowledge of electrical schematics and related Substation devices and schematics.
- PE License
- BSEE Required, MSEE Preferred (or PhD in Electrical Engineering)
- QA/QC Experience
- Problem Analysis
- Attention to Detail
Please apply to be considered for the role. If you find yourself with most, but not all, requirements it is still worth applying. There may be a similar position that would be a good fit.