We have a current opportunity for a Director of Production on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Maryland. For further information about this position please apply.
Director of Production
The Director of Production will report directly to Ownership.
- Up to $5000 in relocation fees apply (candidates based in the US ONLY)
- Based in Fredrick, Maryland
- Operations and/or Engineering experience are essential.
- 90k - 130k
- Onsite position
The Director of Production is responsible for supervising the Warehouse Operations Manager, AV Technicians, and Freelance/Part Time Engineers and Technicians.
Responsible for designing, costing and managing/operating audio-visual (AV) systems and operations for all events. Will consult with Account Managers to provide AV technical expertise to achieve client's objectives, provide show design, labor and project management. This is a position that requires extensive technical experience, leadership, collaboration, and comfort and confidence with client face to face interaction.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design AV systems for events and create load/pull lists and help create costings for Account Managers.
- Schedule and manage all full time and part time engineers, technicians and stagehands.
- Recruit and build a bench of freelance, part time technicians & engineers.
- Draw CAD or similar scaled technical drawings for events.
- Operate Video and Audio equipment on show site as needed.
- Manage inventory, ensuring proper maintenance and usage. Make recommendations for rentals (long and short term) and further asset acquisitions.
- Arrange for the rental of necessary equipment as needed.
- Work with a variety of venues and vendors for events. Labor Union negotiation skills are a plus.
- Work with Account Management to ensure all logistical details including room set-up, audio-visual, transportation, housing, and food and beverage for crews are planned effectively.
- Monitor event activities in order to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and laws, satisfaction of participants, and resolution of any problems that arise.
- Conduct post-event evaluations
- Work in a team environment with a positive attitude and good demeanor. Collaborate with technical and creative teams as well as our Partner/Vendors to ensure that event objectives are met in order to maintain long-term client loyalty and satisfaction.
- Understand RFPs and help create proposals.
- Create and track technical budgets to ensure revenue and expenses are kept within established boundaries.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Ability to work well with a variety of high level staff
- Ability to analyze a situation to determine streamlined processes
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Able to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
- Able to sit at a computer for long periods of time
- May be asked to lift up to 15 pounds