A leading energy infrastructure company in North America is currently in search of a Project Engineering Manager. With a specific focus on energy transition, transmission, and generation, the company has amassed nearly 50,000 MW of power, spanning wind, solar, and hydro. They operate hundreds of miles of high-voltage transmission and are actively involved in the construction of additional projects.
The company's core purpose is to address energy challenges, guided by a mission to establish a cleaner and more reliable energy ecosystem through principles such as Integrity, Innovation, Teamwork, and Taking Ownership.
The Project Engineering Manager role entails overseeing development engineering for utility-scale renewable energy projects, covering site evaluation, grid studies, and technology assessments. Qualifications include a bachelor's degree in engineering, 3-5 years of renewable energy engineering experience, and strong collaboration and communication skills.
This position is available in San Diego or for remote work.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited university
- 3 to 5 years of engineering experience, preferably in the renewable energy industry
- Proficient in managing multiple assignments under time constraints
- Solutions-focused team player with excellent collaboration skills
- Strong organizational skills and effective time management
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Robust analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Capability to work independently with direction on a regular basis
- Background in data center development engineering
- Wind project experience, including energy estimation and GIS/CAD skills
- Conducting project site evaluation, transmission grid studies, and interconnection support
- Engaging in conceptual product and systems engineering for integrating multiple energy systems
- Developing facilities plans and specifications, providing environmental permitting support, and coordinating infrastructure interfaces
- Contributing inputs to project finance models, LCOE calculations, and optimizing plant performance through tools and processes
- 100% employer-paid premium healthcare
- Paid parental leave
- Comprehensive benefits promoting happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being
- Competitive compensation packages
- Commitment to employee career growth and development