Market Sector Leader - Higher Education
Location: Addison, TX
Responsible for leading the Market Sector in all applicable aspects of the Company's Strategic Plan as approved by the Board of Directors. Oversees Market Sector activities, including client and project commitments, with a primary focus on new business development and client maintenance. Leads these activities, including the coordination with marketing budget expenditures, client and project pursuits, project profit goals, and fee and contract negotiations, to achieve the goals and objectives set by Corporate Leadership on behalf of the Company. One Market Sector Leader from within each Market Sector, as designated by Corporate Leadership, has responsibility for coordinating the efforts of that Market Sector's Leadership Team as noted below.
- The Market Sector Leaders designated by Corporate Leadership to coordinate the efforts of all the Market Sector Leaders in their respective Sectors are responsible for leading the process for developing and implementing that Market Sector's marketing plan, including strategic planning, positioning, business development, sales and revenue tracking. These designated Market Sector Leaders are also responsible for managing the annual marketing budget for the Sector as directed by Corporate Leadership.
- The Market Sector Leaders designated with Company-wide responsibility are also charged with facilitating efforts across offices, both in pursuing and processing work, to further the Market Sector's growth and development with the goal of establishing and maintaining a strong presence for each Sector in all of our Company's geographic locations.
- All Market Sector Leaders are responsible for coordinating with the efforts of the Managing Principals, overseeing PIC project activities, including: the development, negotiation and implementation of the professional services proposal/contract process; establishing project service delivery requirements, hour allocations, team structure and project schedule commitments; and project profit goals consistent with the Company's established policies, procedures and resource capabilities.
- All Market Sector Leaders shall serve as one of the Company's main participants and spokespersons with prospective clients, professional organizations and the public, playing a lead role in the marketing of the Company's professional services. This includes participating in positioning activities, including presenting the Company at conferences and seminars, publishing articles, and networking with individuals and professional organizations.
- All Market Sector Leaders, working in coordination with the Managing Principals, shall identify a core team of experts within each technical discipline (as appropriate to the size and geographic reach of the Market Sector) to service clients and provide technical expertise specific to the Sector.
- All Market Sector Leaders shall represent the Company as Principal-in-Charge when requested or required and provide other direct billable services as appropriate to meet the Company's overall chargeability goals.
- Professional Bachelor's Level Degree in Architecture or Engineering.
- Professional Licensure.
- LEED Accredited preferred.
- Minimum fifteen years' professional experience with five years in business development.
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of professional services from marketing through project close-out, including design and technical expertise.
- A comprehensive understanding of the coordination aspects and related requirements of all design disciplines.
- Ability to motivate others and develop teamwork; excellent writing and speaking skills, and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations.
- Very detail-oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible.
- Possess strong business acumen.
- A senior level position, highly visible to clients and employees, that requires maturity, assertiveness, integrity and the ability to lead, influence and persuade.
- Ability to interact well in various business and social settings with all types of people in a mature and professional manner.
- Capable of performing all the duties of a Project Manager (See Position Description).
- Computer literate.