A national, full-service engineering and construction firm are in urgent need of a Pipeline Design Discipline Leader for the Texas market. Longstanding experts in the Wastewater and Water Treatment space, they deliver exceptional client service, quality results, and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
This position is based in Dallas-Fort Worth. As a discipline leader, your focus will be on the proper application of technology, growth of their technical capabilities within the discipline, staff development, and pre-positioning and distinguishing the company to assist in business development. You will be collaborating with dedicated local, regional, and national teams of talented staff across various disciplines.
The role requires strong communication and teamwork involving staff from various engineering disciplines with extensive client interface, project execution, implementation of quality control measures, and mentoring and managing of engineering staff for pipeline design projects. In addition, you will have the opportunity to represent the company at conferences and industry events and provide technical support on business development opportunities.
The ideal candidate will:
- Serve as Project Technical Leader with responsibility for all technical aspects of complex projects and makes project engineering execution decisions within the bounds set by applicable policies, standards, guides and contract commitments
- Act as a subject matter expert on water transmission and distribution pipeline design, collection sewers, and interceptor design
- Initiate and pursue development and implementation of innovative and cutting-edge technologies
- Support continuous improvement, change management and risk management efforts
- Oversee and produce technical reports and other deliverables for the client
- Practice and promote culture of quality and technical excellence
- Communicate and work directly with client's staff at all levels
- Provide technical support for business development activities
- Promote culture of teamwork and identify potential recruits
- Actively participate in professional organizations' activities.
- Mentor and train younger staff
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Environmental, or Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Professional engineering (PE) license.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Interested applicants, please 'Apply Now' with your CV/Resume and we will be in touch with you shortly. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Should you have any friends who might be keen or suitable, please feel free to share this opportunity with them or simply get them to contact our consultants.