A leading IPP is actively developing low-carbon energy systems and aiming to start working toward their 2030 goals of bringing more renewables, energy storage and clean hydrogen to the grid. North America is a focal point for these ambitions. The Energy Storage team, within the Flexible Generation business unit, seeks a Project Developer for utility-scale In-Front of the Meter Energy Storage solutions in North America.
The Project Developer will be responsible for...
- Greenfield development and/or acquisition of standalone utility-scale In-Front of the Meter Energy Storage projects and/or portfolios that generate revenues from merchant markets, utilities, hedges, and others
- Leading all development activities from feasibility to the start of construction, including finding off-take and negotiating off-take agreements as necessary.
- Managing all aspects of environmental site assessment, permitting, transmission/interconnection, land acquisition, and design activities in close collaboration with subject matter experts.
- Supporting diligence activities for project financing or project acquisition.
- Managing multiple projects and internal and external stakeholders simultaneously to progress projects.
- Engaging with landowners, contractors, equipment suppliers, off-takers, and stakeholders throughout the development process,
- Developing and maintain a database and development dashboards tracking progress.
- Developing project revenues model underwriting assumptions in alignment with investment criteria and revenue/off-take efforts.
- Serving as a point of contact and subject matter expert for energy storage by coordinating with Executive leadership and multiple Business Units.
- Presenting portfolio and project updates to Leadership, including capital requests for project development and final investment approvals.
- Reviewing project pro forma financial models to understand development risk and how returns are impacted.
- Leading the interconnect process through various ISOs.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of ten years of experience, including two years in the power and energy sector.
- Strong project development and management skills.
- Analytic mindset and ability to navigate a rapidly evolving energy landscape.
- Excellent communication skills for diverse audiences.
- Results-oriented with the capacity to work in a fast-paced environment.