Seeking structural/civil engineers with 3+ years experience to join the team at the Reston, Virginia office. Project responsibilities will include investigating, analysing and designing repair and maintenance solutions for parking structures, plazas, building envelops, roofs and other types of built structures. An engineer applying for this role should have a background and interest in investigations, structures and materials that's are used to develop solutions that will ultimately add value and longevity to structures.
Founded in 1973 this is a top-tier nationwide firm that specialises in all things parking consulting, planning, design and restoration. Now spanning 9 offices and around 100 employees everyone has been cultivated to become a specialist in their space completing over 5000 parking specific projects in the united states and beyond. Now being a fully well-rounded multi-disciplinary engineering firm working in every building type imaginable, this opportunity is more than just a job opportunity it is an opportunity to enrich your career and skills as an engineer.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities Include
* Performing condition assessments, investigations, field testing, and construction observation;
* Performing analysis of field data, structural analysis, computer modeling, developing repair alternatives, and spreadsheet cost estimations;
* Technical reports, field reports, and other communications with clients and the design team;
* Development of engineered drawings and details.
* Bachelor's degree or better in civil or structural engineering. Work experience in evaluation and repair of existing structures is preferred but not required;
* EIT or PE status preferred, not required; employees are encouraged to seek professional licensure;
* Strong technical communication skills (written and verbal);
* Proficient knowledge and experience using Autocad, experience in Revit a plus;
* Ability to work in the office and in the field. This role will require occasional travel locally and outside the local area.
Benefits & Perks
In addition to competitive compensation, you will be offered a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, 401(K) plan, company-provided life insurance, disability income protection, tuition reimbursement, commuter benefits, and more.
Job Type: Full-time
Equal opportunity employer.