LVI currently have an opportunity for a Mid-Senior Level Roof Consultant to join a multi-disciplinary consulting team in Orlando. This client is an international recognized consulting firm, operating in various engineering and architectural areas such as forensic structural engineering, building envelope consulting, and roof consulting. They are strong specialists in what they do, having operated within the roofing market since inception.
This individual will perform field inspections, roof assessments, cause and origin determinations, non-destructive testing and materials investigation relating to residential, commercial, institutional and industrial facilities.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Investigation a variety of roofing systems on residential, commercial, institutional and industrial facilities to determine as-built conditions and damages to components.
- Report on roof failures and identify causation of damages / failures.
- Restore roofing systems following said damages from natural events such as hurricanes, tornadoes, and earthquakes.
- Create repair solutions for restoration projects, including designs, implantation plans and cost estimates.
- Manage multiple projects from start to end, executing them on time and within budget.
- Communicate with clients, collaborate with code officials and contractors to address construction issues.
- Retain and develop client relationships.
- Travel to job sites in and around Southeast Florida.
- 10+ years of experience in roofing industry, having experience with new and existing buildings.
- Experience with the investigation, design, testing, and installation of roofing systems.
- Understanding of commercial, industrial, single- and multi-family, high-rise buildings systems.
- Experince with a multitude of roofing types and materials.
- IIBEC Qualifications are preferred (RRO, RRC).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in providing litigation support is proffered.
If this job sounds of interest, please apply to seek further information.