This role oversees the maintenance of Gas SCADA and Remote Terminal Unit (RTU) software and hardware, ensuring uninterrupted system operations critical for distribution system monitoring. Responsibilities include programming RTUs, troubleshooting SCADA system issues, and evaluating and integrating the latest gas monitoring equipment and telecommunication options.
Job Description - Key Responsibilities:
- Manage and enhance SCADA system software and field RTU software.
- Analyze, research, develop, and implement SCADA enhancements.
- Define and maintain SCADA data and definitions.
- Develop operational pages, create system reports, and maintain databases.
- Program and implement installation of new/upgraded field RTUs and telecommunications.
- Manage remote communication links (leased line, cellular modems, radio, fiber optic).
- Collaborate with IT Networking and Security for a reliable and secure Gas SCADA network.
- Provide reports and operational data to various departments/agencies.
- Offer training, promote innovation, and encourage user participation in system development.
- Mentor and train the SCADA team.
- Provide on-call support for Real-Time SCADA system.
- Participate in Storm Duty as required.
Technical Knowledge/Skill Requirements:
- Proficiency in Accol Workbench Open BSI, Modbus, BSAP, OPC, SQL Server, TCP-IP, Microsoft Access, and Office.
- Preferred proficiency in ClearSCADA and ControlWave Designer.
- Understanding of gas distribution system operations and telecommunications (serial, Ethernet, wireless).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum of five years of related experience.
- 401k: Up to 100% match on first 3% of employee's contributions
- Additional employer contribution to the 401k based on age & years of service provided
- Healthcare Coverage
- Life Insurance Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Debt Refinancing
- 10 paid Holidays per Year
- Vacation Days & Floating Holidays
- Health & Wellness Incentives
- Child Care & Elder Care Memberships
- Volunteer Programs
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Casual Dress Standards
- & much more!