We're seeking a dynamic Systems Engineer to assist our team in maintaining quality standards and growth strategies. This position will report directly to and interact regularly with the Director of Engineering.
We are a fast growing technology company that focuses on event staging, systems integration, managed services and content creation for enterprise level accounts and prestigious higher education institutions. Established in 1994, we have grown every year we have been in existence. We have achieved the Inc5000 eight times in the past nine years. We attribute our growth and continued success to our people.
We offer a unique approach to medical/dental premiums and a competitive salary package based on experience. We consider our team the best in AV!
Position Accountabilities and Expectations:
· Accountable for correcting and completing bills of material that support the scope of the work for sold projects.
· Create a complete drawing set in AutoCAD that includes floor plans, schematics, rack elevations, line of site drawings, mechanical detail, and wiring risers. Accurately create new CAD blocks within established standards and required deadlines.
· Evaluate existing systems and "reverse-engineer" the system in order to provide the Sales Engineer with accurate information to develop new systems.
· Communicate consistently and appropriately with the customer's network staff on all functions i.e., VPNs' VLANS, Wireless.
· Support the Operations team from origination through the completion of the project. Collaborate with assigned Account Manager, to define project scope and support system design.
· Research and facilitate solutions to eliminate troublesome service issues or system performance failures and respond timely to phone calls and emails from installers and field engineers to support and provide resolution.
· Maintain and update Outlook with tasks, appointments, meetings, and other event-related activities. Record billable hours consistently throughout the project, maintaining an overall minimum of 70% billable hours/calendar year.
· Accurately review, assign, populate, and extract data within D-tools, per manufacturing documentation and specification.
· Promote and demonstrate exceptional customer service abilities and judgment unfailingly with clients, customers, vendors, and coworkers. Positively enhance the relationship with the client by facilitating and delivering positive resolutions.
· Support a minimum of 4 million systems engineering projects per calendar year.
· Support a minimum of 2 million dollars annually in sales proposals.
· Attend InfoComm and other vendor meetings to enhance knowledge of products
· Assist the Vendor Management Team in developing client awareness of newly approved products.
What you will bring:
- A minimum of eight (8) years of Audio-Visual industry engineering experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Network Administration and/or relevant job experience that includes in-depth knowledge of systems integration disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with the sales team to produce accurate bills of material that support the scope of work for new proposals and provide insight and expertise to the engineering team when developing new product evaluations and demonstrations
- Advanced skill with MS Office Suite
- Exceptional communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to be collaborative and thrive in a team environment
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Proficiency in DTools a plus!
- An ability to obtain and maintain InfoComm CTS D Certification
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities and expert client management and service skills
- An ability to conform to LSE standards when completing sales engineering tasks
- A current driver's license in good standing
- An ability to work Monday through Friday, nights and weekends as necessary
- Macintosh skills preferred