Summary: A leading solar developer is looking for a Senior Development Engineer to join their fast growing engineering team. This company is actively engaged with adding to their c&i / DG solar and energy storage pipeline. In this role you would be supporting all aspects of electric design for solar, energy storage and other renewable technology projects.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Create site layouts and single line diagrams utilizing software like Helioscope, SketchUp, SunDAT, AutoCAD (with a preference for Civil 3D) and Helioscope.
- Optimize the layout of PV systems to achieve the lowest project-specific levelized cost of energy (LCOE).
- Conduct comprehensive solar production assessments using PVsyst.
- Assist with utility interconnection and permitting application processes.
- Conduct thorough site visits to gather essential information needed for proper project due diligence.
- Represent DSD during RFP site walks and other client meetings.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, with a focus on Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Prior experience in the solar industry
- Basic familiarity with the National Electrical Code (NEC) is a plus.
- Proficiency in solar PV software modeling applications, including Helioscope, Microsoft Excel, Salesforce, PVsyst, AutoCAD Civil 3D, SketchUp, and SunDAT.
- Experience in production modeling using a top-tier Independent Engineering interface for clients and/or financing partners.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Fully remote
- Unlimited PTO