Senior Director, Utility Scale Solar Development
A leading IPP is looking to bring on a Senior Director of Development to join their talented team working on Utility Scale Solar Development. The right candidate is someone who has demonstrated success working on the full development lifecycle, with the ability to lead and manage early- to late-stage project development efforts. The Senior Director will also be responsible for managing a team of subject matter experts which includes a real estate manager, permitting manager, engineering, preconstruction, and project finance to help get projects from development to construction NTP.
The Senior Director will be responsible for…
- Managing multiple early, mid, and late-stage projects. This includes securing sites, real estate, environmental and local permitting, site studies, negotiating tax abatement's, community engagement, and evaluating and coordinating interconnection activities.
- Managing third-party and internal project development teams.
- Collaborating with technical, engineering, finance, and asset management teams to complete projects.
- Collaborating across teams to evaluate project development risks and project valuation assumptions.
- Supporting the green fielding department and providing Development support.
- Managing the project schedule, budget, and inputs to the financial model
- Improving on and building processes, work-flow procedures, risk review processes with approved risk tolerance metrics for utility scale projects in varying stages of development.
The Qualifications for this role include...
- 5+ years of hands-on utility-scale solar project development experience through the entire development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability to manage development projects and teams, including managing a team of in-house and third-party subject matter experts.
- A strong network of third-party development experts (including real estate, permitting, environmental and interconnection experts).
- Deep knowledge of development studies, real estate activities, environmental and local permitting, and interconnection and how they drive development.
- Demonstrated use of MS Project or equivalent tools. Ability to use MS Excel or other programs for budgeting (Familiarity with Smartsheet, Green IT or Salesforce a plus)
- Four-year college degree
- Ability to travel for necessary development activities.
- Health insurance
- Retirement benefits
- Partial gym reimbursement
- Education benefits
- Parental leave
- Paid vacation
- Sick and federal holidays