A top IPP in the industry is looking for a Senior Manager of Land Acquisition to join their team. This individuals' main responsibilities will be designing and implementing land acquisition campaigns to support project development pipeline goals. Not only this but also supporting field-based land needs for projects in implementation and conducting real estate project due diligence on acquisition opportunities.
The Senior Manager of land acquisition will be responsible for…
- Leading land acquisition staff and resources focused on a specific region.
- Leading negotiations on advanced land acquisitions.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with local officials or stakeholders
- Conducting meetings to provide updates for stakeholders.
- Maintaining quality control of Land Agent work product, and project reporting on assigned region.
- Participating in and overseeing the day-to-day activities of the Land Acquisition team
- Working closely with the Director, US Land Acquisition to ensure results-based targets are attained on budget and on schedule.
- Assisting the Land Acquisition team with special meetings requiring advanced skills for leasing land, land purchases, collection and transmission line easements, access roads easements, title curative instruments and crossing agreements, including the development of negotiated terms and conditions.
- Working with regional teams to design and implement land acquisition campaigns.
- Identifying landowners within prospective sites, initiating contact and meeting with individual landowners to articulate the benefits of company's value proposition.
- Negotiating contracts with landowners and/or landowner attorneys for participation in proposed renewable energy projects.
- Conducting weekly updates with Region Development staff regarding priority tasks for projects and submit a weekly status report(s) to maintain up-to-date summary of project activities.
- Conducting Stakeholder meetings and presentations, maintaining relationships with Stakeholders throughout the land acquisition and development process.
The Qualifications for this role include…
- 1-5 years' experience with direct leadership.
- 4 years' experience with indirect leadership.
- RPL or CPL through American Association of Professional Land-men preferred.
- Local Notary license preferred, or the ability to obtain one.
- Bachelor's degree in real estate, Business, Marketing, or related field.
- A minimum of 7 years' experience in land acquisition.
- 4+ years of experience within the renewable energy industry.
- A minimum of 4 years direct management experience of a team of land agents.
- The ability to travel 50% or more of work time.
Does this sound like you? If so, don't hesitate to apply!