A leading development shop is looking for a motivated candidate to join their team as a Senior Project Developer. This individual will be responsible for supporting the Development Department and would report to a Director of Development, managing 2-5 projects at various stages of development. This role will focus on utility transmission-scale solar energy, energy storage, and hybrid projects located specifically in the ERCOT footprint.
The Senior Project Developer will be responsible for…
- Managing and leading the development activities from greenfield to NTP.
- Collaborating with the internal teams working on site acquisition, real estate and title, permitting, interconnection, engineering, survey, environmental, off-take, and policy.
- Coordinating and reviewing key development deliverables with internal teams and external legal, zoning, environmental, interconnection, and engineering consultants.
- Managing and reporting project data as it pertains to budget, schedule, and deliverables.
- Achieving development milestones on time and on budget to successfully advance projects to financing and construction.
- Gathering market intelligence and expanding relationships with government agencies, utilities, and other market participants to inform and refine project development and permitting processes.
- Preparing and submitting land use permitting applications, execute on permitting strategy, manage consultants, and attend and present at permitting meetings and hearings.
- Reviewing and managing project contract compliance for contracts including leases, interconnection agreements, and power purchase agreements.
- Building strategic relationships with development, finance, and EPC partners.
- Participating in off-take origination for maturing assets within market.
The qualifications for this position include…
- Four-year bachelor's degree in a related discipline - business/finance, urban/regional planning, civil/electrical/power systems engineering, landscape architecture/architectural sciences, or environmental sciences.
- Energy, sustainability, urban planning, engineering, or business-related master's degree is a plus.
- 3-5+ years' experience in renewable energy project development.
- Demonstrated project management, budgeting, organizational, and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and stakeholder engagement skills.
- 15 days of Paid Time Off, accrual up to 20 days, 11 observed holidays.
- 10% 401(k) Match
- Comprehensive package including medical, dental, vision and health insurance
- Wellness stipend, family planning stipend, and generous parental leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Phone Bill Reimbursement
- Fully expensed company travel, mileage reimbursement
- Annual Holiday Parties and Company Swag
Location(s): Position could be remote in Texas or Santa Monica, CA
* If you do not have experience Developing Renewable Energy Projects, please do not apply for this position as you will not be considered*