Currently seeking a Sr. Project Manager with 12+ years of experience in Civil Engineering to join our talented and energetic team in Jacksonville, FL office. An ideal candidate has design experience and client relationships in the public and private sectors. We are looking for a motivated person to join our team to build a business with sales and technical experience. Remote and/or Hybrid work location (home or office) is a viable option and the successful candidate will be eligible for a sign-on and/or relocation bonus.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to grow into a leadership position. Excellent communication skills are required. The successful candidate must perform and manage related design/planning/engineering tasks in the civil engineering market. Technical experience in work for public sector and private required. Public sector includes providing civil engineering for cities and counties. Private sector experience including commercial and residential land development.
Project Management Responsibilities:
* Approximately 55% of job duties are dedicated to project management and 10% to technical delivery.
* Delivers scope, schedule, budget, quality, safety, and profitability of all projects managed.
* Plans and manages projects of high value with medium to high-risk profiles.
* Directly manages $700K per year of total billings with no limit to the number or value of individual projects managed.
* Projects managed are typically time-sensitive, unique and /or complex, of significant magnitude, scope, and difficulty.
* Demonstrated expertise in the development of project schedules, cost budgets and understanding and analysis of the financial data.
* Works closely with Project Controls staff to monitor and control project cost and billings to meet budget profit, to analyze project performance data on an ongoing basis, and to develop recovery plans as needed.
* Has an in-depth understanding of project goals, drivers, strategies, risks, and opportunities.
* Understands the company's businesses, competing projects, and profit impact of decisions.
* Works with technical and proposal staff to develop responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Qualifications (RFQs).
* Develops project pursuit teaming relationships.
Business Development Responsibilities:
* Up to 25% of job duties may be dedicated to Business Development.
* Serves as primary client contact for projects managed.
* Actively wins new work from both new and existing clients by building and maintaining customer relationships, monitoring future work opportunities, communicating regularly, and attending client events.
* Acts as senior company representative to the client, in the community and with contractors.
* Coordinates and develops proposed scope, schedule, and fee for the entire project and leads the interview team.
* Leads contract negotiations with clients, with assistance from senior management.
* Typically, does not have staff reporting to them.
* Assembles and leads large project teams covering several disciplines with staff from more than one office and working in several locations.
* Trains and coaches Task Managers and other PMs.