This Resident Engineer will support the firm's construction group on a variety of projects ranging from roadways and bridges to underground installation and treatment plant construction. Additionally, the candidate will be assisting with the firm's design staff when required. The engineering position will also offer the opportunity to work directly with firm clients.
- Conduct on-site observation of work, repairs, and tests as needed.
- Coordinate construction activities with clients, inspectors, contractors, and public agencies.
- Endeavour to provide protection for the owner against defects and deficiencies in the work.
- Serve as liaison with the contractor.
- Maintain job site records of daily reports, job meeting minutes, approved drawings, and pay requests.
- Observe, measure, and document construction activities.
- Maintain a daily log of construction activities.
- Monitor progress schedule and shop drawing log.
- Review pay requests and verify completed work.
- Detailed designs as required by workload.
- General civil engineering and client service.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- B.S. degree in Civil/Construction Engineering from an accredited program with an emphasis in construction engineering preferred
- PE License required
- 5+ years of proven progressive experience in construction engineering
- Past experience on IDOT or Illinois Tollway projects
- Chicago DOT and METRA construction experience desirable.
- Computer skills and mastery of proprietary software (IDOT CMMS program, ISTHA eBuilder, etc)
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Remote/Hybrid Work Arrangement
- Profit Sharing with an extra 3-5%
- Health, Dental, Life, and LTD Insurance
- Paid Sick Time
- 401K with up to 9% match
- Paid Holidays
Do not hesitate to apply!
📞: (214) 666-5057