Summary: A well-recognized global, full-service engineering firm that specializes in MEP, information and technology, and commissioning for the government and commercial sectors is seeking a Senior Sustainability Specialist. With more than 500 professionals across 20 offices in the US, they provide engineering services ranging from aviation projects, data centers, healthcare institutions, and education centers. With this role, the firm is seeking someone who wants to be a part of the High-Performance solution team and deliver high performance building energy modeling and sustainability analysis in the local region as well as potential landmark properties around the world. Our client is committed to the MEP 2040 challenge, and this senior sustainability role is a pivotal part of speeding up the clients decarbonization and GREEN efforts by acting as a consultant for the team and clients.
- Whole building energy remodeling
- Energy efficiency measure analysis
- Net Zero Energy/Carbon Road mapping
- Energy Auditing
- Incentive and rebate program support
- Green building certification support (WELL, LEED, LBC, RESET, etc.)
- Beneficial electrification consulting
- Offer support and consultation related to sustainability strategies, energy efficiency measures, innovative technologies, codes, industry trends, etc.
- Life Cycle Cost Analysis
- Present at internal and external lunch and learn type training.
- Ability to review, read, and evaluate Architectural and Engineering drawings and visualize three-dimensional models.
- Familiarity with design tools such as Revit and AutoCAD
- Competency with simulation and modeling tools (primarily IESVE and CA Title-24 code compliance tools such as EnergyPro and CBEECC. Additional tools may include Windows, COMFEN, Climate Consultant, Sefaira, Cove. Tool. eQuest, EnergyPlus, PVWATTS).
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working in consulting firm working on energy remodeling.
- Basic understanding of proper system selection and applicable building codes
- Knowledge of LEED and WELL design principles
- LEED accredited and WELL accredited or on track to achieving accreditation.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401 (k) retirement plan with employer matching
- Training and professional development courses
- Generous PTO
- Work from home and half days on Friday
If you're interested, submit your resume here!