A C&I solar and storage developer backed by world-leading financial partners is looking to bring on a Senior Project Development Manager to join its growing team. This individual should be eager to work in a fast paced, cross functional environment, driving projects all the way through the development phase. This is an opportunity to work in collaboration with subject matter experts to get projects to NTP. The company is looking for someone with experience not only in site diligence but interconnection, real estate and permitting.
The Senior Project Development Manager will be responsible for…
- Managing the development for the design and build out of commercial solar projects.
- Managing and contracting external engineering firms for aspects of the project such as survey, Geotech, environmental conditions civil design, etc.
- Managing survey work including, natural resources, geotechnical, underground detection, structural analysis, Phase 1 ESAs, etc.
- Developing project schedules and budgets using MS Project and Excel.
- Holding meetings with the AHJ for permitting activities and identify permitting path requirements.
- Managing the civil engineer, permitting expeditor, permitting attorney etc. as applicable for the site plan, zoning board, county approval processes.
- Reviewing and interpreting zoning and permitting requirements and bylaws and working with internal and external engineering to design a layout to meet these requirements.
- Submitting permit packages, abutters notices and permitting checks with the assistance of the Project Coordinator.
- Working with and driving legal counsel to Identify easements, complete title searches and any associated activities required to build the project and complete interconnection.
- Working with internal teams to order title searches, insurance policies, and reviews for all "fund" projects.
- Attending customer meetings and site visits as needed.
- Managing the project development budget and request spend as needed.
- Completing handoff to Construction PM after contract execution.
The qualifications for this role include…
- Project management or development experience in the solar, construction or real estate industries.
- The ability to work remotely and independently and be a self-starter.
- General Construction experience and a high level of project construction knowledge
- Ability to travel.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering, Natural Resources, Planning, or Construction Management or related field
- General real-estate development knowledge.
- Experience dealing with federal, state, and local agencies for various permits and entitlements.