- The role of the Structural Engineer involves contributing to project management and design efforts for the company, collaborating with existing designers and Engineers in Training. This entails offering design solutions spanning multiple aspects of structural engineering, including AutoCAD/Revit modeling, the creation of detailed calculations, drawings, and technical specifications, all while adhering to the project's scope and guidelines as outlined by the Project Lead. The Engineer will be expected to work in conjunction with a diverse team of professionals and cultivate strong working relationships through project interactions.
- Generate reports, structural designs, and drawings pertaining to building foundations, structural systems, and superstructures.
- Develop designs for structural steel and wood-framed construction.
- Opt for suitable construction materials.
- Engage in consultations and coordination with various levels of company personnel.
- Monitor and inspect the work conducted by general contractors.
- Create 3D structural Revit models that can seamlessly integrate with architectural Revit models.
- Ensure coordination of drawings with architectural and Civil/MEP consultant drawings.
- Respond to Requests for Information (RFIs) from contractors and review shop drawing submittals.
- Participate in meetings with clients, jurisdictional agencies, and internal staff.
- Offer guidance and mentorship to junior engineers.
- Oversee project production to guarantee timely and within-budget project completion.
- Devise solutions to address client challenges within the constraints of budget, schedule, and project requirements.
- Issue reports, anticipated schedules, and cost estimates for design projects.
- Actively participate in local engineering and construction associations.
- Maintain professional and cooperative client relationships.
- Possess a Bachelor's degree in Civil, Architectural, or Structural Engineering.
- Hold a valid Texas Professional Engineer or Structural Engineer license.
- Demonstrate a minimum of 5 years of experience in consulting design engineering and project management.
- Exhibit a high level of proficiency in 2D and 3D drafting using AutoCAD and Revit.
- Display a strong command of Microsoft Office tools.
- Be well-informed about Federal, State, and Local regulatory and permitting requirements.
- Possess the ability to collaborate closely with a diverse, multi-discipline team while meeting tight deadlines and communicating effectively, both in written and verbal forms.