We have a current opportunity for a Substation Engineering Manager on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Orlando, Florida and is an in-office position.
- Oversee daily operations of the Orlando, FL teams handling protection and control, substation physical aspects, CAD, and SCADA/settings. Responsibilities include managing employee engagement, conducting performance appraisals, negotiating salaries, leading interviews and hiring processes, ensuring work quality, managing budgets and schedules, fostering mentorship and professional growth, developing proposals, overseeing project execution, interacting with clients, and driving business development initiatives.
- Prepare and evaluate proposals, technical documents, and project strategies for projects of various sizes, including Master Service Agreements (MSAs). This involves creating thorough project scopes and accurate estimates of work hours.
- Cultivate strong relationships with our extensive client base, serving as the primary point of contact and mediator for project-related matters.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior staff through technical training programs.
- Apply and adhere to industry standards, state and federal safety codes, regulatory requirements, and construction codes in project execution.
- Offer technical supervision, guidance, and assistance to project teams throughout their endeavors.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited university
- 10+ years of utility substation and protection & control engineering experience
- Experienced with staff training and leadership duties
- Client relationship experience
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- P.E. or PMP License(s) preferred
For further information about this position please apply.