A privately-owned firm is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Traffic Engineer to join their dynamic team. The ideal candidate will play a key role in analyzing, designing, and optimizing traffic systems to enhance safety, efficiency, and overall functionality. As a Traffic Engineer, you will work on a variety of projects, collaborating with cross-functional teams and utilizing your expertise to contribute to the development of sustainable transportation solutions.
- Conduct comprehensive traffic studies and analyze data to identify patterns, congestion points, and potential safety issues.
- Utilize traffic engineering software for modeling and simulation to assess the impact of proposed changes.
Traffic Signal Design:
- Design and optimize traffic signal timings for intersections to improve traffic flow and reduce delays.
- Develop plans and specifications for traffic signal installations and modifications.
Roadway Design and Geometry:
- Evaluate and design roadway geometrics to enhance traffic operations and safety.
- Collaborate with civil engineers to integrate traffic designs with overall roadway plans.
- Identify and assess traffic safety concerns, proposing and implementing engineering solutions.
- Conduct safety audits and recommend modifications to enhance road user safety.
- Ensure that all traffic engineering designs comply with local, state, and federal regulations and standards.
- Stay updated on industry best practices and changes in traffic engineering guidelines.
Traffic Impact Assessments:
- Perform traffic impact assessments for proposed developments, evaluating the impact on existing transportation infrastructure.
- Recommend mitigation measures to address potential traffic-related issues.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Prepare clear and concise technical reports, presentations, and documentation.
- Communicate findings and recommendations to project stakeholders, including clients and regulatory agencies.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Transportation Engineering, or a related field.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license or ability to obtain one.
- 2+ years of experience in traffic engineering.
- Proficient in traffic engineering software such as SYNCHRO, VISSIM, and AutoCAD.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication and collaboration abilities.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Professional development opportunities
- Opportunities for career advancement
If you are a passionate and detail-oriented professional with a background in traffic engineering, we invite you to apply for the Traffic Engineer position.