This client is a leading engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) company, with over 100 years of experience in the water services industry. They are seeking an Engineering Manager for the Columbus, Ohio office.
The team is in a need of a Technical Engineering Manager with 8-15 years of experience in municipal water/wastewater design. This person will manage the technical execution of design projects in the municipal water/wastewater sector and will lead a multi-disciplined teams in the Columbus, OH office and wider Ohio, work with other regional offices, and be a client facing Engineering Manager. The preference would be that the person be willing to adhere to the current Hybrid policy (3 days in office / 2 days remote).
- One of their core strengths is their expertise in the design and construction of water treatment plants, distribution systems, and wastewater treatment facilities. They are committed to sustainability, helping clients to reduce their environmental impact and conserve resources.
- Focused on forming a role around your passion and enjoyment to ensure the best career you have is with them. A key quote is "We'd rather our engineers be happy and fulfilled in their career and wellbeing rather than solely bringing in profit - this is how we get a better product."
- Projects include 30 miles of pipeline, 2 pump stations, 14-million-gallon storage reservoirs, alongisde wastewater treatment faciltiies and drinking water plants.
- There is also a lot of opportunity to work on local projects and give back to the community.
- You'll be working alongside some of the biggest industry leading engineers and top Subject Matter Experts to combat each and every wastewater project and service the communities around you.
- They are very employee-driven and focus on employee experience; they really look for their engineers to be fulfilled in their role.
- They also offer a variety of training and development opportunities, including online courses, mentoring programs, and leadership development programs.
- Minimum 8+ years of professional experience and BS degree in Civil Engineering or related field of study.
- Direct experience in municipal water/wastewater industry. High preference on wastewater treatment plant design.
- Must have experience mentoring and training less experienced staff members.
- PE, or willing and able to attain their PE.
- Their Employee Ownership program makes them the largest employee-owned civil consultancy firm in the US. It typically returns 8-11% of salary and employees are fully vested after 7 years.
- After 100 hours of working, the firm create an account in which they pay into and at certain points of the year that money is used to buy company stock in your name. This then increases in value and if you leave the firm, you get the payout.