Water is the most plentiful, yet critical resource on the planet. Our water resources professionals specialize in critical practice areas, understand watershed dynamics and offer an extensive range of water resource planning and design experience, flood risk management, dam safety and environmental compliance. Our holistic approach to water resources projects ensures the best outcome for our clients and the ecosystem.
As a recognized national leader in the design of waterway structures, we handle projects from initial investigation and concept design, through final design and construction services. By applying our extensive knowledge and experience, we believe our engineers, scientists and planners can build a more sustainable world through design while protecting our most valuable resource and delivering cost-effective solutions that meet our clients' goals.
- Responsible for all phases of project management including but not limited to client interaction, proposal preparation, budget and scheduling, billing and technical oversight, report preparation, internal QA/QC, and project scope delivery and execution
- Participate in strategic business development efforts by way of maintaining and strengthening existing client relationships (internal and external), as well as identify and develop new ones
- Provide guidance and supervision for junior staff and create a challenging and engaging work environment
- Develop new business and follow up on new business opportunities is required
- Support and/or lead hydrologic/hydraulic analyses, flood studies, dam assessments and rehabilitation design, dam breach analysis and hazard classification, and Flood Hazard Area and Dam Safety permitting
- Report and proposal writing
- Support and/or lead field assignments including observation of geotechnical explorations
- Support and/or lead geotechnical analyses including stability evaluations, and seepage analyses
- Prepare field reports and engineering calculation packages
- Prepare technical specifications, design drawings, and construction submittals for compliance with contract requirements and design assumptions
- Review and assist with assigning field and laboratory soil and material testing
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with contractors, clients, and team members
- Manage and lead multi-disciplinary teams meeting schedule, budget, and quality goals
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering discipline is required
- Possess 8+ years of related experience
- PE license in OH is preferred
- Prior experience with Ohio DNR and public/private dams is highly desirable
- Knowledge of Ohio state regulations
- Ability to identify, pursue, and win work from existing and new clients
- Proficiency in technical skills in stormwater management, hydraulics, hydrological analysis or geotechnical analysis in stability evaluations and seepage analyses
- Ability to interact well with coworkers, clients, and regulatory agencies
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities
- Ability to work independently, as well as, in a team environment
- Ability to bring clients/projects in near term; desire and aptitude for seller/doer role
- Prior experience with preparing proposals, developing budgets, tracking budgets and the associated financial management skills necessary to run a team and monitor the performance of the business
- Previous mentoring and coaching experience is a plus
- Some travel is required and is dependent on the candidate's location (less than 50%); limited overnight and interstate
- Some weekend and overtime work may be required
- May require regular exposure to all outside weather conditions, moderate to loud noise conditions, and exposure to heights
This dedication begins with supporting a work life balance through a generous compensation package that includes company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; paid pregnancy disability leave; short- and long-term disability insurance; life insurance; a company-matched 401(k)/Roth; paid time off that includes parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses and a straight time policy that compensates exempt employees for billable hours worked in excess of 40 billable hours within a work week.
We have also created an internal culture that provides the resources and technology needed to encourage personal and professional growth opportunities through reimbursement for education; a free in-house resource for hundreds of educational and self-enrichment courses; mentorship program; wellness program; Women's Organization and ongoing philanthropic opportunities.
Apply today to learn how you can join our team of professionals, so we can help you Accelerate Your Success!