My client is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 2,000 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States.
They are seeking a motivated individual who desires increasing responsibilities in designing, managing and marketing a variety of projects. The successful candidate will be well-versed across the water resources discipline with demonstrated design and management experience in drainage and stormwater management planning & engineering, green infrastructure, hydrologic & hydraulic modeling, and permitting with the supporting capabilities to perform a variety of design tasks in the civil engineering and environmental permitting field.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Manage projects and water resources tasks for projects
- Serve as a technical expertise resource to project managers and technical staff
- Establish and grow market presence in area through marketing and business development
- Coordinate strategic growth plan with office leaders and practice leaders
- Manage financial budget for department and allocate resources accordingly
- Lead and contribute to the production of proposals
- Establish resources staffing needs for the section
- Interview and hire staff for the section
- Perform performance reviews for staff based on input from project managers on assigned teams
Nonessential Functions and Responsibilities
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or a related field from an accredited program
- Professional Engineer License or equivalent
- 12+ years' experience in specialized discipline
- Project management and business development experience
- Experience with Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) projects and ODOT drainage software, specifically CDSS.
- Experience with City of Columbus and Blueprint Columbus, including design and project delivery and management of Green Infrastructure, NPDES permitting, and SWP3 including Stormwater Management and Erosion and Sediment Control
- Familiarity with the City's Code of Regulations and Green Infrastructure Design Guidelines and Supplemental Specs.
- H&H Modeling experience including the application of HEC-HMS, WMS, HEC-2, HEC-RAS, and XPSWMM
- Experience in watershed modeling and MS4 permitting
- Supervisory experience