My client is an employee-owned multi-discipline engineering/consulting firm with offices throughout eastern and central PA. My client has the opportunity to perform meaningful work that helps enrich our community each and every day. Their company is a values-based organization which has been recognized for its award-winning culture through several regional and statewide programs.
- Career advancement and continuing education opportunities
- Employee engagement events and parties
- Work-life balance & flexible working schedules
- Paid vacation/holiday/sick time
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances
- Parental leave
- 401k match
As a multi-discipline firm, my client provides a full range of engineering and consulting services, including civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, environmental, geotechnical, and municipal engineering, surveying, landscape architecture, code enforcement, plan review, construction management, construction materials testing, and grant writing services to clients throughout the Mid-Atlantic region.
Their Municipal Engineering Department is currenting hiring an engineer with a minimum of five years' of related experience who will design, maintain, and repair wastewater treatment systems (P.E. is required).
This position can be based out of any of their PA offices.
- Design systems to safely, efficiently, and effectively treat wastewater, remove harmful substances, and return water to the ecosystem; creates domestic or industrial treatment plants for water or wastewater.
- Provide services relative to Act 537 planning; including plans and sewer planning for projects/developments.
- Assess the need for wastewater treatment systems based on current and projected future residences; conduct feasibility studies for the construction of water treatment facilities in the area.
- Analyze various wastewater treatment methods used to prepare water for industrial and domestic use; recommend the most effective method.
- Analyze disposal methods or treatments for sludge; recommend and develop sludge treatment plants or methods to best serve the assigned area.
- Design and prepare layout and specifications for various pumping and lifting systems.
- Review and critique water and wastewater treatment system proposals, plans, and designs prepared by other professionals.
- Conduct appropriate cost-benefit analyses for assigned projects.
- Collaborate with contractors and government agencies regarding construction of new water and wastewater systems.
- Ensure building, water, and equipment specifications comply with applicable local, state, and federal guidelines and codes.
- Conduct environmental studies regarding the collection, treatment, or distribution of water or wastewater.
- Provide clients with technical support and subject matter expertise on water resource and treatment issues.
- Maintain knowledge and subject matter expertise.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- May supervise and give technical directions to engineers, engineering or computer-aided design (CAD) technicians, and other technical staff assisting with wastewater projects.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering required; Master's degree a plus.
- Professional Engineering Certification in Pennsylvania.
- At least five years of related experience.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Ability to visit construction sites to inspect/observe the work.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Additional Required Skills/Abilities:
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to design safe, efficient, and effective treatment systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software, computer-aided Design (CAD) software, and other relevant analytical, scientific, or monitoring software.
- Thorough understanding of applicable government environmental and safety regulations.