Job Title: Asbestos Inspector
Location: New York City, NY
About Us: A reputable environmental consulting firm dedicated to providing high-quality services to clients in the environmental space. As a leader in our field, we are seeking an experienced Asbestos Inspector to join our dynamic team. If you have a passion for environmental compliance, occupational health, and safety, we invite you to apply and contribute to our commitment to excellence.
Position Overview: As an Asbestos Inspector, you will be responsible for conducting asbestos assessments, surveys, and abatement oversight to ensure regulatory compliance and the safety of our clients. The ideal candidate will have 4-9 years of experience in asbestos consulting and a strong understanding of asbestos regulations. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work on diverse projects, collaborate with a talented team, and contribute to the success of our clients.
- Conduct asbestos surveys and assessments in accordance with applicable regulations and industry standards.
- Prepare comprehensive asbestos inspection reports, including identification of asbestos-containing materials (ACMs) and recommendations for abatement.
- Provide oversight and monitoring of asbestos abatement projects to ensure compliance with safety protocols and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with clients, contractors, and regulatory agencies to address asbestos-related issues and concerns.
- Stay updated on industry trends, changes in regulations, and best practices related to asbestos management.
- Assist in the development and delivery of asbestos training programs for clients and internal staff.
- Participate in the preparation of proposals and project budgets.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 4-9 years of experience in asbestos consulting, with a strong focus on asbestos surveys and abatement oversight.
- Certification as an Asbestos Consultant or Inspector, in accordance with relevant local, state, or federal regulations.
- Knowledge of asbestos regulations, guidelines, and industry best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
Join our team and contribute to making a positive impact on environmental health and safety!