LVI Associates are seeking a driven Building Enclosure Consultant to provide expert insights and scientific solutions for a well-reputed firm in Manhattan. Worrying times ahead of us with a recession hitting us hard, but worry no more! Building enclosure restoration and forensics is one of the only industries that is completely recession proof due to local law investigations and forensics and carried on growing over the pandemic. If you are looking for interesting work, and grow your career and expertise - this is the place to go!
A full-service multi-diciplinary architectural and engineering consulting and design firm with offices in New York, DC, Philadelphia, Florida and even offices across waters!
They are a collaborative group of architects, engineers, historic preservationists, architectural conservationists, design professionals, and technical consultants. Their projects span both new construction and the restoration of existing buildings.
You will have the opportunity to work on a diverse and wide range of projects including: Design, restoration, historic preservation, structural/civil engineering, parking restoration, building envelope services, local law compliance, energy and sustainability, construction management, property condition assessments and expert witness.
The firm also have developed a wide-ranging portfolio in public and private sectors with over 750 clients including: local, state, federal government, schools, universities, industrial, institutional, parking authorities, developers and attorneys. The firm is also looking for ambitious individuals to help grow diverse service lines using the firms existing clients and marketing team. If you want a bright and exciting career with the potential to be a leader in the industry.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identifies required scope of work and prepares preliminary report of findings and cost estimate for review with the Vice President by conducting site investigations.
- Prepares project reports for submission to the client and project team in the standard corporate format by writing clearly, concisely, and accurately. Must provide complete documentation that includes but is not limited to photographs, Local Law 11 reports, and sign-offs.
- Perform evaluation, surveys, and investigations in the field and take appropriate notes, samples and/or photos;
- Assist with development of repair drawings and specifications;
- Monitor contractor work for quality assurance, answering contractor questions and keeping client informed of progress;
- Effectively communicate with clients to attain information, respond to requests and inquiries and report status of work;
- Research vendors and place orders with manager's approval for needed equipment and materials;
- Gathers and disseminates the information required by contractor bid analysis by conducting pre-bid walk-through meetings with bidding contractors and by responding to any correspondence contractor requests for information.
Required Experience & Educational Experience:
- A bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction; or, equivalent experience of a bachelor's degree in the industry.
- Registered Professional Engineer, NCARB Registered Architect, or similar industry certification (preferred)
- Knowledge of exterior envelope systems and materials
- Experience in the special inspection of wall panels, curtain walls, and restoration of historic structures
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications/software.
- If using a personal or rented vehicle for job use, possess a valid motor vehicle operator's license that is not under suspension or revocation and possess current automobile insurance coverage.
- Full-Time in the office
- 401K Match above industry average, Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life Insurance, Merit-Based Bonuses etc.