LVI are in search of an Engineer or Architect with experience, and interest, in Building Envelope Consulting. This role will allow you to work closely with architects, owners, investors, insurance agents and contractors, to provide them with expert-level building envelope and waterproofing consulting services on multifamily residential, and commercial projects across the southeast.
The company's main functions include performing forensic analyses, property condition assessments, construction administration, waterproofing and air-barrier testing, on-site observations, and reports on new and existing buildings. The company has built an exceptional reputation by providing value to their clients through their accurate evaluations and expert problem-solving.
If you are an Engineer or Architect looking for the chance to work with a company that stands out from the rest, this opportunity is worth considering. This position will give you the opportunity to further your career while collaborating with intellectually curious peers with a high level of technical expertise and integrity.
- Perform investigations of building envelope failures.
- Diagnose failures and recommend solutions for building envelope systems.
- Perform on-site observations and document as-built conditions and damage to building systems due to natural (e.g., floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, fires, and earthquakes) and human-induced (e.g., design and construction errors) origins.
- Utilise building codes, technical knowledge, and understanding of construction practices to recommend repair solutions and report cause and origin analyses.
- Evaluation of design drawings and documentation.
- Leakage testing of exterior-wall systems including walls, roofs, facades, windows, and curtain walls.
- Design repair of exterior-wall systems on existing buildings.
- Conducting peer reviews of new buildings.
- Communicate with clients, code officials, and contractors to address construction issues and provide detailed reports.
- Litigation support.
- Bachelor in Architectural Engineering, Architecture, or Engineering
- Licensed Architect or Professional Engineer
- IIBEC Credentials Preferred
- Ability to provide detailed reports to all stakeholders
- Knowledge of building codes, design guidelines, and industry standards
- Participating at industry conferences and events
- Competitive Benefits: Generous matched 401k contributions, health-care, 3 weeks annual PTO etc.
- Salary range ($95,000- $130,000) dependent on building envelope experience and client development skills.
- Bonuses based on performance if you can bring projects along with you or have a network of clients you can leverage on.
- Work from home flexibility and autonomy over your projects.