LVI are in search of an Engineer or Architect with experience, and interest, in Building Envelope Consulting. This role will allow you to work closely with architects, owners, investors, insurance agents and contractors, to provide them with expert-level building envelope and waterproofing consulting services on multifamily residential, industrial, and commercial projects all over the country.
700+ employee-owned national engineering firm that designs, investigates, and rehabilitates structures, building enclosures, and materials. Our award-winning work encompasses building, energy, civil/infrastructure, and science/defence projects in the United States, Canada, and more than thirty additional countries. The company's main functions include performing forensic analyses, property condition assessments, construction administration, waterproofing and air-barrier testing, on-site observations, and reports on new and existing buildings. The company has built an exceptional reputation by providing value to their clients through their accurate evaluations and expert problem-solving.
- Perform investigations of building envelope failures.
- Diagnose failures and recommend solutions for building envelope systems.
- Perform on-site observations and document as-built conditions and damage to building systems due to natural (e.g., floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, fires, and earthquakes) and human-induced (e.g., design and construction errors) origins.
- Utilise building codes, technical knowledge, and understanding of construction practices to recommend repair solutions and report cause and origin analyses.
- Evaluation of design drawings and documentation.
- Leakage testing of exterior-wall systems including walls, roofs, facades, windows, and curtain walls.
- Design repair of exterior-wall systems on existing buildings.
- Conducting peer reviews of new buildings.
- Communicate with clients, code officials, and contractors to address construction issues and provide detailed reports.
- Litigation support.
- Manage multiple project assignments and completing them in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Travel as needed
- Bachelor of Architectural Engineering or Bachelor of Science in Civil or Structural Engineering or any related discipline.
- 5+ years of professional experience
- PE license preferred
- Knowledge of National Building and Construction Codes (e.g., IBC, IRC,...)
- Litigation and Expert Witness experience is a plus
- Field experience - Must be able to physically carry and climb ladders to access roof.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Hybrid Role (2 days in office per week)
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance
- Bonus Plan
If you are an Engineer or Architect looking for the chance to work with a company that stands out from the rest, this opportunity is worth considering. This position will give you the opportunity to further your career while collaborating with intellectually curious peers with a high level of technical expertise and integrity.