LVI is partnered with an employee-owned engineering consulting firm in search for a Building Envelope / Water Proofing Consultant! The firm is focused on developing new buildings, renovating existing structures, and taking part in exciting and complex commercial projects all across the San Francisco Bay Area! We welcome candidates with various building enclosure, architecture, roofing, or waterproofing-related experiences.
The ideal candidate is a determined and efficient Building Enclosure Consultant with their P.E. or R.A. license or pursuing licensure. This candidate would have experience with all aspects of the building envelope, waterproofing, roofing, repair design, forensics, construction, diagnostics experience of numerous building enclosure systems on commercial projects looking for a growth opportunity to be a leader in their next role.
Solid experience in building enclosures is essential, preferably gained at an architecture, engineering, or construction firm. Litigation experience will be seen as a valuable asset, and field job site experience will be a great addition to your profile. To excel in this role, strong critical thinking abilities, effective time and resource management skills, and exceptional interpersonal skills are all necessary.
- Conduct evaluations of building enclosures and facades for commercial and multifamily residential structures, producing detailed investigative reports.
- Carry out Property Condition Assessments (PCA) for commercial structures, including warehouse distribution centers, shopping centers, restaurants, offices, and multifamily residential buildings.
- Perform assessments of roof conditions and surveys for water intrusion; oversee inspections and monitoring of roof replacement and new roof installation endeavors.
- Monitor and observe new construction and rehabilitation projects to ensure alignment with design specifications.
- Execute testing for water and air intrusion in fenestration systems.
- Undertake projects involving a diverse range of facades, encompassing materials like brick masonry, steel siding, curtain wall systems, window wall systems, CMU masonry walls, Exterior Insulation Finishing System (EIFS), and concrete precast/cast in place panels.
- 5-15 years of experience
- Professional Engineer (PE) License or Registered Architect (RA) License
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, or Architecture
- Waterproofing/ Roofing experience on all building enclosure systems
- Technical knowledge and familiarity with architecture, architectural engineering, roofing, and waterproofing system design, installation, and materials in commercial, institutional, and commercial buildings.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Organized, detail-oriented candidates who can multi-task and follow through
- Excellent verbal and technical written communication skills
- Willingness to travel
- 401k Benefits, PTO
- Autonomous work schedule
- Clear route for professional progression
- Employee Ownership
- Quarterly Bonuses