We have a current opportunity for a CEQA/NEPA Senior Project Manager on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Irvine, CA. For further information about this position please apply.
The successful candidate will be detail oriented with strong organizational skills, a good communicator and presenter, and excellent writer and document reviewer. The position requires the ability to coordinate effectively with the project team, and to prioritize and complete high-quality work within specific deadlines. A strong work ethic, positive attitude, and experience working in a team-oriented environment is also required. This position may require infrequent travel.
- Coordinate, prepare, and manage CEQA, NEPA, Planning and other environmental compliance documentation with in-house team members and/or specialist sub consultants in accordance with an approved scope of work, budget and schedule
- Initiate discussions with internal team, sub consultants, clients, and regulatory agencies to identify and resolve complex project issues
- Manage projects within the financial management system, including project set-up, monthly monitoring of individual tasks, invoicing, and preparation of monthly progress reports
- Develop client relationships and identify opportunities to win new CEQA/NEPA and Planning work, in order to achieve a mutually agreed upon annual sales goal
- Participate in business development activities including pre-positioning, proposal preparation (including qualifications, approach, scope of work, budget, and schedule development), and interviews to win work
- Participate in professional organizations and activities to continue learning and enhance client and industry relationships and visibility in the marketplace
- Schedule and lead meetings, plan for and develop project deliverables, oversee work prepared by others, and conduct other necessary activities to meet client project needs
- Provide quality control review of all CEQA and technical environmental documents prior to submittal to the client
- Mentor and supervise junior staff
- Minimum of 15 years of CEQA project management experience with increasing responsibilities on each assignment
- College degree in environmental studies, urban/environmental planning, or related field. An advanced degree (Masters) in any of these areas is preferable.
- Continuing Education in CEQA regulations and other federal, state and local environmental regulations