Our client is a distributed energy generation platform that develops, constructs, and operates renewable energy assets. They are looking to hire a Director of Land Acquisition to be based in California. The Director of Land Acquisition will be responsible for identifying and evaluating potential sites for Community Solar project development.
The Director of Land Acquisition will be responsible for the following duties:
- Identifying and evaluating potential greenfield sites for solar project development in California.
- Collaborating with internal teams and external partners to assess the viability of sites.
- Conducting site visits and working on due diligence activities and negotiations with property owners and land brokers.
- Maintaining and updating site databases, tracking metrics, and status reports.
- Working with financial analysts to perform economic and financial analysis of markets and sites.
- Staying informed about industry trends, regulations, and market conditions that may impact site selection and acquisition.
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills:
- A minimum 5-10 years of experience in real estate and/or renewable energy project development.
- A strong knowledge of real estate transactions, including leasing, acquisitions, and dispositions.
- The ability to interact effectively with property owners, land brokers, and internal team members.
- Familiarity with the solar industry experience in site selection and land acquisition.
- A bachelor's degree in real estate, business, renewable energy, or a related field.
The Director of Land Acquisition must be based in California.