Job Title: Distribution Planning Engineer (remote)
My client is seeking a Distribution Planning Engineer to provide Technical Leadership for Electric Utility Projects.
The candidate should have direct experience with Distribution System Planning and Distributed Generation Projects in the Electric Power Industry.
Types of projects may include:
- Area Planning Studies
- Asset Management
- Analytical Studies for Distribution System
- System Modeling for Stability Studies and Power Flow Analysis
- Conduct Thermal Capability Analysis
- Distributed Generation Interconnection Studies
- Electric System Impact Studies
- Arc Flash Analysis
- Power System Studies
Ability to manage multiple engineering design standards and quality programs specific to client needs and requirements.
Project Management skills and ability to meet critical deadlines is required. Must be an outgoing team player with the ability to provide client confidence.
- Transmission and Distribution Planning Area Studies and Analysis
- Professional attitude, accountable, able to work independently and with utility groups, departments and operations.
- Ability to estimate project scope and develop project plan to meet critical success factors.
- ASPEN, CYME, PSS/E, Synergi, TARA
- Planning Criteria & Standards, ISO, FERC, NERC, NPCC
- S. in Electrical Engineering; Masters Degree Preferred
- Power Engineering Professional Engineer License and NCEES Certification
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in the electric utility industry is required.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and high level of business and engineering ethics.
- Communicate as needed with clients to ensure positive client experience.
If you're interested in this role, please don't hesitate to reach out or apply directly!