LVI Associates are proud to represent an innovative full-service architecture and engineering firm with one of the best building science divisions in the world! The division is home to specialists whose expertise span across a diverse collection of services including forensic analysis, repair & restoration, structural repair design, enclosure repair design, parking restoration and more.
As a result of their outstanding project delivery and unmatched collaborative culture, the department has had some incredible growth, adding 100 experts to their headcount since 2017! Because of this they are looking to add a Forensic Engineer to their Raleigh office to help manage this workload and progress the department. The firm have achieved this growth organically through hiring the best experts in their regions who can bring and maintain client relationships, and they aim to continue growing in this way.
As a Forensic Engineer you will work with a multidisciplinary team to to determine the root cause of building envelope issues and structural defects. You'll have the unique opportunity to work with two industry leading managing directors who are pioneers in structural restoration and forensic engineering who will personally support you on a path to becoming a technical specilist in the field.
If you are a registered architect or professional engineer in North Carolina, reach out to find out more!
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team to analyse structural and building envelope failures and work on repairing/restoring any defects. This can include designing the repairs.
- Conduct forensic investigations into structural failures, including fire, flood, and impact damage and construction defect.
- Prepare detailed reports on findings and provide expert testimony in legal proceedings.
- Work closely with clients to develop effective remediation strategies.
- Undertake site visits and inspections to identify potential issues and hazards.
- Manage projects from start to finish, ensuring that deadlines are met and budgets are adhered to.
- Bachelor's Degree in Structural/Civil Engineering or Architecture
- 5+ years of relevant experience with proven growth
- Registered Architect or Professional Engineer in North Carolina
- Litigation/ forensics experience and attorney/insurance client relationships.
- Strong customer service focus
- Competitive Benefits: Generous matched 401k contributions, health care, 3 weeks annual PTO etc.
- Salary range ($115,000- $135,000) dependent on building envelope/forensics experience and client development skills.
- Bonuses based on performance if you can bring projects along with you or have a network of clients you can leverage on.
- Work from home flexibility and autonomy over your projects.