LVI are in search of an experienced Building Envelope Consultant who is open to see what the next step in their career looks like. This role will allow you to work closely with architects and engieerings with a diverse skill set, and provide them with expert-level building envelope and waterproofing consulting services on multifamily residential, industrial, and commercial projects all over the country.
- Perform investigations of building envelope failures.
- Diagnose failures and recommend solutions for building envelope systems.
- Perform on-site observations and document as-built conditions and damage to building systems due to natural (e.g., floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, fires, and earthquakes) and human-induced (e.g., design and construction errors) origins.
- Utilize building codes, technical knowledge, and understanding of construction practices to recommend repair solutions and report cause and origin analyses.
- Evaluation of design drawings and documentation.
- Leakage testing of exterior-wall systems including walls, roofs, facades, windows, and curtain walls.
- Design repair of exterior-wall systems on existing buildings.
- Conducting peer reviews of new buildings.
- Communicate with clients, code officials, and contractors to address construction issues and provide detailed reports.
- Litigation support.
- Manage multiple project assignments and completing them in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Travel as needed
- Minimum 5 Years of Building Envelope consulting experience
- IIBEC acredditation (RRO/RRC/RWC/REWO/REWC.RBEC)
- Knowledge of heat, air and moisture control within enclosure materials and assemblies.
- Experience with performance and testing requirements.
- Field experience - Must be able to physically carry and climb ladders to access roofs.
- Litigation and Expert Witness experience is a plus
If this role is of interest to you, or even if it is not quite what you are looking for, please reach out to Doris Baldwin at LVI associates.