One of the top sustainable companies in the US is seeking new team members. Join them in their mission to become carbon-negative by 2030.
The Forest Carbon and Climate Manager is responsible for tracking the science on climate change and forest carbon accounting and developing the company's sustainability approach to climate change.
To be considered for the position, you should have the following qualifications:
- Experience in handling carbon data and knowledge of carbon standards such as GHG Protocol
- Excellent numerical skills with proven experience in handling large data sets
- Good communication and team-working skills
- Proficiency in data processing software, including Microsoft Excel and Power BI
- A degree in a related field such as sustainability, climate change, or other related fields
- Self-motivated individual with proven ability to manage own workload
- Extensive knowledge of Life Cycle Analysis methodologies and processes relevant to biomass energy, including supply chain emission modeling, estimation of direct and indirect land use change emissions, counterfactual modeling, and approaches for calculating forest carbon emissions
- Knowledge of corporate emission reporting standards such as GHG protocol and voluntary carbon market standards
- At least four years of experience working in the fields of carbon accounting and carbon strategy
- Proven success in defining and developing approaches to carbon accounting
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience managing multiple projects concurrently
- Confident communicator and influencer with the ability to interpret and simplify complex information for various audiences, including senior leadership and key external stakeholders.