LVI are looking for an Engineering Manager to oversee all building envelope operations for our client in North Carolina. As the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for the overall management of the group, including planning, growth, profitability, cost control, employee development, quality control, and client relations. The primary focus of the position is client development, technical execution and project management of work related to Building Envelope services, both office and field activities, during the planning, design, and construction phases of projects.
Our client is an innovative full service engineering firm with over 500 staff across 16 offices, servicing the southeast and beyond. You would play an integral part of their growth across North Carolina and will work with regional leaders to scale the presence of the group in Charlotte and Raleigh.
If you are a senior engineer looking to take a step forward or an experienced manager looking for a new challenge this is an opportunity for you!
- Oversee all building envelope services for our clients Charlotte & Raleigh offices
- Preparing and executing reports and other client correspondence
- Providing oversight, QA/QC, analysis, laboratory testing and field services as required to meet our Client's expectations as projects advance
- Client consultation and maintenance
- Sales and marketing efforts to develop new business and growth of the company
- Preparation of proposals and contract documents
- Assistance to other company team members to promote the overall objectives of the company.
- 8+ years of building enclosure/roofing consulting experience
- Licensed Engineer or Architect is preferred, but not required.
- IIBEC Certifications are highly valued (RRO, RRC, RWC, REWC, RBEC)
- Technical knowledge of building construction
- Competent in identifying and solving constructability, integration, design, troubleshooting, durability, continuity, structural behaviour, thermal property evaluation, sustainability, and maintenance/ operation of building envelopes/roofing systems.
- Valid State Driver's License with clean driving record.
- Technically competent in effective communicating with others
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, as report writing is a major part of the position.
- Competitive Benefits: Generous matched 401k contributions, healthcare, 3 weeks annual PTO etc.
- Salary range ($120,000- $140,000) dependent on building envelope experience and client development skills.
- Bonuses based on performance if you can bring projects along with you or have a network of clients you can leverage on.
- Work from home flexibility and autonomy over your projects.