A leading Marine Construction firm is currently seeking an Estimator specializing in company development within marine construction to win projects in the Virginia Beach area. With a wide portfolio of projects including docks, piers, wave screens, roads, or bridges, the Estimator will be responsible for the accurate and timely completion of construction bids.
This contractor chases work specifically in the Virginia Beach area, and Estimators are not expected to travel often. The contractor also has an industry leading culture with a backbone of long-term staff that the candidate will integrate with. They prioritize safety above all else and strive to maintain the health and well-being of their employees.
The company is well established in the community, and their reputation for excellence is over 100 years strong.
The Estimator will be responsible for...
- Reviews and evaluates requests for estimates
- Reviews estimates and revisions for completeness and accuracy
- Reviews construction documents and understands scope of work to bid
- Prepare cost analysis by recapitulating material, labor, equipment, subcontractor, and overhead costs occurred in heavy civil industry projects
The Estimator should have the following qualifications...
- An Associates in Civil Engineering or Construction Management (or equivalent work experience)
- 3 years of experience in Estimation preferred
- 5 years of experience working site development and heavy construction projects preferred
- Knowledge of productivity software
- Medical, Vision, and Life insurance
- Vehicle allowance and gas card
- 401k match
If you are interested in the Estimation role, then please don't wait to apply.