We have a current opportunity for a Operations Specialist II on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Tampa, and the Power Plant you will be reporting to is in Bowling Green, FL.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Completion of a formal, accredited, or
certified maintenance craft training program, or related military experience is desirable.
Additional college level coursework in math and science desirable. Completion of Operations
Specialist I qualification standards is required.
1. Prior Combined Cycle experience is required.
2. Prior Control Room Operations experience in a Combined Cycle Plant is required.
3. Prior Instrument and Controls experience is highly desirable.
Ability to qualify and maintain competency in the following skill areas is required:
a. Operations (inside and outside of control room)
b. Advanced Instrument & Controls Maintenance
c. Basic Mechanical Maintenance
d. All Site Specific Safety Standards
e. All Site Specific Environmental and Water Standards Competency will be demonstrated
by a combination of written exams, oral boards, and practical demonstrations. Must
have the ability to function effectively as a team member
Core Competencies: Adaptable, Collaborative, Conscientious, Critical-Thinking, Outcome Driven, and Professional Technical Competencies/Skills:
* Detailed knowledge of plant systems and processes
* Navigating and troubleshooting plant issues using a Distributive Control System
* Basic mechanical and electrical skills
* Advanced instrumentation skills
* Safety and environmental Standards
* Microsoft Office
* Attention to detail
* Verbal and written communication
* Following written and verbal instructions
* Problem solving
If you'd be interested in this role, please apply!