Our client is seeking qualified individuals at senior/project manager levels. Ideal candidates will possess extensive knowledge of wildlife species and habitats in the San Francisco Bay Area.
About the Client:
Known for its extensive scientific knowledge and top-notch performance, our organization is dedicated to crafting environmentally sustainable solutions for our clients' intricate natural resource dilemmas. The incoming wildlife ecologists will integrate into our 25-member team, collaborating closely with fellow experts in ornithology, herpetology, and mammalogy. For over fifty years, our team leaders in the San Francisco Bay Area have been dedicated to serving clients in the region, garnering unmatched proficiency in its diverse species, habitats, regulatory protocols, and habitat strategies. Our wildlife ecologists operate synergistically within the team, partnering with specialists in plant and wetland ecology, restoration ecology, aquatic ecology, landscape architecture, and Geographic Information Systems. While our project focus predominantly spans the Bay Area and central California coast, occasional assignments may take us to other regions within Northern California.
- As a project manager, you will lead as the primary biologist on projects, contributing your expertise to address environmental challenges across the greater San Francisco Bay area.
- This role demands local species knowledge, a comprehensive grasp of regulatory matters, and proficient technical writing abilities.
- Successful project managers exhibit strong personal organization skills and apply critical thinking to tailor approaches specific to each project.
- Many clients seek our guidance to surpass standard project expectations, offering opportunities to make meaningful contributions to environmental initiatives.
- Additionally, you will collaborate with other ecologists (in restoration, botany, and wildlife), as well as landscape architects.
- You will also play a pivotal role in managing and mentoring our dynamic wildlife team.
- Externally, you will serve as a liaison with clients, project team members, and regulatory agencies, contributing to proposals and business development endeavors.
- Adhere to field safety protocols according to industry standards Possess a valid driver's license free from significant traffic infractions or repeated minor violations
- Be available to work evenings, weekends, and early mornings as required
- Occasionally perform duties in adverse weather conditions as necessary
- Navigate diverse terrain for surveys and tasks, even in inclement weather conditions
- A minimum of 4-8 years of relevant professional experience (in addition to holding a graduate degree), with at least 1 year in a managerial capacity
- Previous involvement in writing and editing technical reports, showcasing outstanding writing proficiency (evidenced through transcripts, personal endorsements, or a provided writing sample)
- Proficiency in essential project management competencies such as personal organization, coordination of multiple projects, critical thinking, and effective team communication
- Preferred candidates will also possess familiarity with CEQA/NEPA documentation and experience in FESA and CESA consultations
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a resume!