You will play a crucial role in supporting forensic analysis and investigation projects. They work on intricate commercial projects and rarely take on residential work as they aren't of the mindset of chasing work but rather representing a specialized client base. You will be working under the guidance of a Regional Manager and gain hands-on experience in further expanding your clientele, and assisting in expanding the team in Tennessee.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Conduct on-site investigations and inspections of structures to identify and document potential failures, damages, and underlying causes.
- Collect data through visual observations, measurements, and non-destructive testing techniques.
- Assist senior engineers in performing detailed structural analysis using industry-standard software and tools.
- Collaborate with project teams to evaluate structural components, materials, and their performance.
- Prepare accurate and concise reports summarizing investigation findings, analysis results, and recommended solutions.
- Assist in preparing visual aids such as diagrams, sketches, and photographs to support investigative reports.
- Keep abreast of industry best practices, codes, standards, and regulations relevant to forensic engineering.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, including architects, contractors, and legal professionals, to provide technical expertise and support.
- Attend meetings with clients and participate in discussions to understand project requirements and communicate findings effectively.
- Continuously seek opportunities to learn and develop technical skills through training, professional development, and mentoring
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an accredited institution.
- 5+ years relevant forensic experience
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in the state of TN required.
- Familiarity with forensic investigation methods and techniques.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking abilities to identify and analyze complex structural issues.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, to convey technical information to diverse audiences.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and collaborate with professionals from various disciplines.
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn and grow in the field of structural forensic engineering.