The Senior Structural Engineer will survey and evaluate existing structures and prepare the associated inspection reports. They will communicate the assessment results and follow up plans with the Territory Manager. The Senior Structural Engineer will confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and ensure issues are effectively brought to resolution. Additionally, this role is responsible for providing technical sales support to enhance existing customer relationships and to assist with securing new ones.
- Surveys and evaluates existing structures for maintenance and repair needs. Prepares and issues associated inspection reports for use by the customer and Territory Manager.
- Communicates assessments and follow up plans with Territory Manager.
- Engineers all structural repairs within assigned territory.
- Reviews calculations, structural drawings, and construction documents and related questions as required. Refers questions or seeks technical advice from Senior Director, as needed.
- Researches building codes and specifications as required.
- Provides technical sales support to Business Development Representative's for prospective customers and existing clients.
- Provides technical advice and guidance to project personnel and subcontractors as needed.
- Consistently attends technical seminars and training programs to ensure subject matter expertise is up to date and honed.
- Assists with training new Structural Engineers as needed.
Important Areas of Expertise:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Civil/Structural Engineering, P.E. preferred
- 7 - 10 years' experience in concrete construction / concrete repair / concrete restoration / forensic investigation
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Bluebeam, Google applications, MS Office products
- Strategic problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility in a fast paced, evolving work environment
If this isn't quite what you're looking for, give Ethan Randall a call on 216-302-2266 or drop an email