Title: Senior Structural Engineer - Buildings Location: Washington DC
Company Overview: As a leading national Architectural and Engineering (AE) firm, we pride ourselves on delivering cutting-edge solutions in the built environment. We're seeking a highly skilled Senior Structural Engineer to join our esteemed team in Washington DC. This role offers an exciting opportunity to lead and contribute to innovative projects in the heart of the nation's capital.
Structural Design Leadership:
- Lead and manage the structural design team, overseeing the planning and execution of building projects from inception to completion.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, architects, and clients to integrate structural solutions into building designs, ensuring design integrity and compliance.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently, ensuring adherence to timelines, budgets, and quality standards.
- Act as the primary point of contact for clients, providing technical expertise and guidance throughout the project lifecycle.
Technical Expertise and Quality Assurance:
- Utilize advanced structural analysis software and methodologies to develop and review designs, ensuring compliance with local codes, regulations, and industry standards.
- Perform thorough reviews of construction documents, drawings, and specifications to maintain high-quality design deliverables.
Leadership and Mentorship:
- Provide mentorship and technical guidance to junior engineers, fostering a collaborative and growth-oriented work environment.
- Stay abreast of industry advancements and best practices, integrating innovative solutions into project designs.
Client Relationship Management:
- Cultivate and maintain strong client relationships, understanding their needs and objectives while ensuring exceptional service delivery.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering from an accredited program.
- 8+ years of progressive experience in structural engineering focused on buildings.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in the state of Washington DC.
- Proficiency in advanced structural analysis software (e.g., ETABS, SAP2000, STAAD Pro) and extensive experience with Revit.
- In-depth knowledge of local building codes, regulations, and industry standards.
- Proven track record in successfully leading and managing complex building projects.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and a keen attention to detail.