Senior Transmission Planning Engineer
Hybrid - PA or RI
Under the general direction of the Supervisor of Transmission Planning, this position is responsible for identifying transmission investment opportunities both in the regulated and merchant transmission space.
- Oversees Transmission investment market primarily in PJM, MISO, NYISO and ISO-NE regions and identifies opportunities to invest in Regional Transmission Organization (RTO) driven competitive windows or merchant transmission opportunities
- Develops strategy and effective solutions to address needs identified by the RTO, states, and other stakeholders
- Works with transmission planning team members and consultants and develops proposal packages for competitive window submissions
- Performs and/or oversees relevant studies and power flow modeling work needed for developing transmission solutions
- Participates in business development activities including building and maintaining existing relations and expanding market opportunities.
- Develops business insights based on analysis of results and communicates key findings to leadership to facilitate data-driven decision making.
- Individual is recognized as a power industry subject matter expert and is actively engaged on industry technical and policy issues at FERC, NERC, NATF, various RTOs such as PJM / MISO / NYISO / ISO-NE, etc. such that they are readily able to help in developing investment strategies based on evolving energy policies, procedures, and standards
- May lead functional team or projects to achieve objectives and milestones and works closely with other work groups to effectively monitor changes and support successful project execution strategies. Focuses on project risks and implements appropriate courses of action to reduce risk.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science or related area of study, or equivalent experience gained through progressively greater responsibilities
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in the energy industry performing power flow studies
- Knowledge of current energy industry trends, policies, RTO processes, energy and capacity markets and applicable NERC standards
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written, presentation